The European Network to reduce vulnerabilities in health held its kick-off meeting in Amsterdam on 26-28 February 2015. The notes of the meeting will be published shortly. Please find the final list of participants with their mail addresses here. The agenda of the meeting consisted of the following building blocks:
- pre-conference expertise & learning needs survey and analysis of its main results (and an updated version after Amsterdam),
- MdM presentation to new partners – first session
- presentation among MdM and new partners – find the network’s member list here,
- presentation about advocacy tops & flops,
- presentation about how to convince health professionals to be our allies (Frode Eyck – NO),
- example of advocacy by public health professionals: Granada Declaration in English, French and Spanish,
- note on changing the paradigm: from “vulnerable group” to “vulnerabilities in health” and presentation by Michel Roland (BE – in French),
- dangerous migration routes: presentation on the islands of Lesvos & Chios by MdM EL (Christina Samartzi & Nikitas Kanakis) and presentation by Ariane Junca (FR),
- how our broad network will work together: Susan RIFKIN diagram measuring participation,
- presentation about the Observatory,
- Violence: presentation on what scientific literature shows (Dr Pierre Chauvin) – in English and in French; video “Anna” (French, with English subs); 2013 Observatory data: violence in a few figures, and presentation by Dr Gilles Lazimi (only in French)
- Note on better protection of seriously ill migrants,
- Note on fighting against racism & xenophobia (from the 2012 domestic coordinators’ meeting),
- Outcomes of the postconference survey results.
- Amsterdam meeting minutes
Watch the video made by MdM NL, hosting organization for the meeting.
Hereunder a gallery of the posters that were brought to the conference. Light conditions were not ideal to take photos of the posters, so if you have an electronic file (photo, PDF file, etc.) that makes the content of the poster come out better, do send it and we will update the gallery!